Topic: Q3 with Joe
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/98003539881?pwd=TDZ6NjRPVlpZYmZqcE8rQ2xHY2hldz09
Meeting ID: 980 0353 9881
Topic: Q3 with Laura
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/98545767917?
pwd= QVVnUkVqWFdWWHdrbkd2RGxuaGpCQT 09
Meeting ID: 985 4576 7917
EVERYONE: RESPOND BY FEBRUARY 25TH
I have been asked by the Dance department to recommend students from our program who are available and interested in participating as actors in their April FORMAL DANCE CONCERT. An outdoor venue is being considered but has not yet been confirmed.
Selected students for the performance will be given text to read during various parts of the dance perfomance. The text will consist of poetry that supports each dance piece and focuses on themes of resilience and triumph. In fact, if you would like to recommend a poem, please let Sheila know.
Your CALENDAR COMMITMENT would be:
1) There will be some rehearsal time of the text with either me or dance faculty, not during A SHOP before April 20th.
2) Students must be available for rehearsal with the dancers between 1:00pm and 5:00 pm on APRIL 20, 21, 22 and 23. I suspect there may be some flexibility if there is an academic class conflict.
3) Students must be available for both FORMAL DANCE CONCERT dates of APRIL 23 and 24. The Call time on both dates is 5:30 pm with a Performance time of 7:30 pm.
Let me know via email by Thursday, February 25th if you would like to be considered. Earlier if possible. --- JOE
THEATER HISTORY classes will be held on eight Fridays between February 19th and April 16th.
Each of these eight Friday classes will begin at 7:50 am and run for approximately 60 to 75 minutes.
As usual, all freshmen and sophomores have been given a topic to research and present to the class. Juniors and seniors have been assigned a freshman or sophomore to mentor.
The eight Friday class sessions will also be recorded for later viewing by any student unable to attend class that day due to an academic class conflict. If you are not present and do not have an academic conflict or an excusable reason as defined by the school handbook then it will count as an UNEXCUSED ABSENCE and you will still be required to watch the recording of the missed class.
Student Presenters who are not available to attend on the Fridays they are assigned to present their topic will instead pre-record their presentation as a 20-minute conversation with me. This will occur on a pre-arranged weeknight. It will then be viewed by the class at their scheduled Friday session. A second option is to arrange a swap of dates and topic with a classmate so that both students can present their topics live. Such a swap must be approved in advance by Joe Mancuso.
See Joe if you have any questions.
These are your PE assignments for Marking Period 1. Please look over them carefully and be sure to respond to each of them thoroughly and thoughtfully. Hope you are all doing well and I look forward to seeing you all soon. - Mrs. Kinlan
Assignment 2: Due January 20th
Find a different fitness or sport related article. Read the article and write a summary of the article; including the title of the article, a summary, and opinion on the article. Summary should be at least 300 words~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ALISON'S 4TH QUARTER ANNOUNCEMENTS --
Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors: I have emailed you my zoom info for 4th quarter, as well as the schedules you'll need to fill out ahead of time. SAVE THE ZOOM LINK - WE WON'T BE POSTING IT ON THE WEBSITE ANYMORE!
- Check for Alison's email (sent 4/15 at 11:19am) for the Zoom info from this morning's class. Feedback for those who sang 4/15 has now been delivered via email. I will send you your rubrics over the next week or so.
- VM seniors - your triad post-test is due Thursday by 11:59pm. I am available for extra help before then, but ask me soon to make sure we find the time! Still waiting for this from Darren, Liam, and Avery.
- Avery, I need you to send me your triad ear training pretest. See my email from 3/15 for instructions.
- ALL Juniors- Between now and May 4th:
- Warm up your voice every day, even for a few minutes
- Listen to musical theater songs so that you can discover one you'd love to sing in solo rep
- Watch the video of your practical and review your journal notes and feedback. Use these to set a goal or goals for how you will work on your solo rep songs. Prepare to share these goals in class.
- Fill in your row on the module schedule.
- VM Juniors- see my email from 4/14 at 11:07am on your homework assignment, the chord post-test, which is due Wednesday, 4/28 even though you won't have had class with me yet.
Sophomores - Read the email I sent on Friday, 4/16, for how to prepare for our first class (Monday, 4/19 in New Studio). You have homework due on day 1! Also, don't forget to fill in your row of our class schedule (you may have done this for other theater teachers, so double-check to make sure you've done mine!).
Make sure to fill in your row on the new module schedule spreadsheet.
Please check your email for instructions on how to prepare for your first class (Tuesday, 4/20)! The email was sent Friday, 4/16. You have homework due at that first class, so make sure to take a look in time to ask any questions you may have!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FROM MS. KINLAN:
These are your PE assignments for Marking Period 1.
Please look over them carefully and be sure to respond to each of them thoroughly and thoughtfully.
Hope you are all doing well and I look forward to seeing you all soon.
Assignment 1: Due October 14th
How has this pandemic affected your physical fitness. Has it affected it in a positive way or a negative way. What have you learned about yourself and your fitness levels over this time? Were you more motivated to workout or less motivated?
Assignment 2: Due November 11th
Why is being in good physical shape important to your craft? What activities do you prefer most when it comes to working out? Are there any physical activities that help you more with your craft than others?NO FOOD OR DRINK (except water) is allowed in any of our spaces.STUDENT COUNCIL: Any student who is interested in joining the Student Council, please see the following instructors:
Freshmen: Mr. Poznanski -- Sophomores: Ms. Melick -- Juniors: Ms. Gillooly --- Seniors: Ms. Francis
Alison's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul's email: email@example.com
Joe's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura's email: email@example.com