Dear Parents and Guardians,
We sincerely hope you and your families are safe and healthy.
We are in the process of revising our admissions criteria, in terms of the interview portion. In order to keep our Academy for Health and Medical Sciences’ high admissions standards, and to adhere to the important health and safety measures in place, we will do the following:
1. Student candidates will receive an email (time information below) with two questions and specific directions on how to respond to the questions.
2. Just like a typical interview, this is a student activity and we are looking for students’ thoughts only.
3. Student candidates will receive the questions at 8:00am on Saturday, April 18, 2020. Student candidates will have a total of 30 minutes to respond to the two questions, via email. Responses must be submitted no later than 2:00pm. This arrangement keeps to the original interview date and time.
4. We will review the submissions and add them to the student candidates’ admissions scores.
5. The Spanish Placement Test will be given at a not-yet-determined time, most likely during the summer.
6. We will do our best to send you information about acceptances, wait lists, and denials by the middle of May. Since we are working and compiling this data virtually, we ask for your patience as we do so.
7. Please check our website (www.scvths.org) for updates. As information becomes available, we will post it on the website. Please remember to view the information under The Academy for Health and Medical Sciences section.
8. Again, we will do our best to keep you updated in a timely manner. In the meantime, we hope that we all stay safe and healthy. In addition, let us thank the brave health professionals and first responders who are working so hard for our well-being.
Supervisor of Academics