PROVISIONAL TEACHER PROGRAM INDUCTEES (ALTERNATE ROUTE AND TRADITIONAL ROUTE)
1. Minimum five (5) years teaching experience in the district.
- Standard NJDOE Teacher Certificate – Instructional Endorsement.
- Have a strong commitment to an effective mentor-mentee (new teacher) Mentor/New Teacher Induction program.
- Maintains effective teaching strategies, discipline and management.
- Understands policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
1. Willingness to commit the additional time necessary for support responsibilities.
- Maintains high student expectations.
- Shows evidence of professionalism.
- Maintains confidentiality and trust.
- Is an effective planner (lessons, units)
New teacher mentors will help develop the capacity and confidence of our new teachers by enriching the new teacher’s knowledge about teaching and learning. One who will help new teachers transition from preparation to practice; provide guidance/support and develop and improve instructional skills in non-judgmental ways; create a professional learning culture that crosses experience lines.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.