Attention all students in Somerset, Hunterdon, and Union Counties.
Are you interested in learning more about the finest and most successful high school acting program in the state?
Then join other prospective students* and parents for an informative and engaging day of acting, vocal music workshops and performances on
Friday, January 19, from 9:00 am - 11:30 a.m.
Meet our faculty of working theater professionals as well as current students as we engage in a morning of classes followed by a brief presentation of select student works. Parents will also have an opportunity to learn more about our program and ask any questions.
Registration is required: simply download the documents at the bottom of this page and fax them to 908-526-9212 - Attention: P. O'Connor. If you prefer, you may scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call with questions at any time:
Paul O'Connor 908-526-8900 ext. 7168
* Grades 8-11The Theater Arts Program at Somerset County Vocational and Technical High School offers gifted and talented students programs acting, and acting with vocal music. The gifted and talented performing arts program at SCVTHS celebrates more than 20 years of theater arts instruction, offering students professional preparation for careers in the arts. While learning and refining technical skills, young artists are encouraged to discover their creative potential.
Students from sending schools in twenty-one communities participate in our
acting or acting with vocal music programs, receiving up to
16 high school honors credits (including physical education & health) annually.
A sampling of the colleges and universities that have accepted
our performing arts graduates:
- NYU Tisch School of the Arts
- Mason Gross School of the Arts
- University of Massachusetts
- Carnegie Mellon
- London Academy of Music & Dramatic Arts
- Boston Conservatory of Music
- Boston University
- Ohio State University
- Penn State University
- American University
- North Carolina University at Greensboro
- George Mason University
- Pace University
- Rutgers University
- Wagner College
- Pratt Institute
- California Institute of the Arts (CalArts)
- Montclair State University
- Academy of Dramatic Arts (NYC)
- Northwestern University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Marist College
- University of the Arts
- Emerson College
- State University of New York at Buffalo
The theater arts program is free of charge to all Somerset County students. All students are required to audition for acceptance into the program.
Our performing arts faculty encourage growth in individuality and creativity, which helps students become more culturally aware and sensitive to the arts. Students wishing to continue their education in the performing arts are offered the opportunity to visit local colleges, attend productions, as well as meet
with speakers, alumni and guest artists.
Just a reminder to anyone who attends our performances that absolutely no one is granted the right to take photos or to video tape our performances.