Jobs for Alumni
Paid Time Off (PTO)
ALUMNI JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Listed below are current job openings available to SCVTHS Alumni.Employers:
To submit a job opening, please call:
posted March 2, 2021TRAILER TECHNICIANS – Full-time / Hourly
Amerit Fleet Solutions
•Benefits: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k, Life, Vacation, Sick Pay
Must have valid drivers license
How to Apply:
Email: Resume with Job Title/City to:
posted March 1, 2021HIGHWAY OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN TRAINEE
New Jersey Dept. of Transportation • Statewide – NJ
Under close supervision of a Highway Operations Crew Supervisor, trainee receives on - the - job training in performing unskilled and semi - skilled work involving the repair and maintenance of the State's highway systems including right of way and all ancillary highway structures. Duties in this position involve a variety of tasks requiring physical exertion, manipulative ability, the routine use of hand(s), machine, and power tools; performing tasks requiring the operation of power mowers and other less complex power equipment, does related work as required.
You must apply through the NJDOT website at:
Submit a complete packet by the closing date that includes the following documents:
• NJ State Application for Employment (Application and instructions can be found at link above)
• Letter of interest
• Current resume
posted January 25, 2021HVAC TECHNICIANS –
Parsippany-Troy Hills School District • Parsippany, NJ
Our School District has a need for HVAC Technicians and a Carpenter/General Tradesperson.
We would like to hire a recent graduate and are willing to mentor that person.
For more information and to apply, please email:
Dr. Sargent, Superintendent of Schools
posted January 11, 2021SOLAR ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN - Full-time
Vanguard Energy Partners, LLC • Branchburg, NJ
The Solar Electrical Technician is responsible for the on-site operations and
maintenance of small to large solar PV systems, including, but not limited to site safety,
electrical system maintenance, sub-contractor management, commissioning, site field
reports, and other duties as required to properly maintain and operate the site within
the contractual requirements.
Candidates must have a strong background in electrical maintenance and
troubleshooting, preferably in commercial solar.
• Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards, properly
generate and complete, JSA, LOTO, and other safety related documentation
per OSHA and site-specific requirements.
• Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades/revisions to a broad
range of equipment in commercial solar.
• Must be able to work closely with O&M Manager and Superintendent to react
and resolve production related issues as they arise in the field.
• Review site drawings to ensure proper operation and maintenance of
• Communicate with internal and external customers as required.
• Ensure all site issues are documented in Salesforce and addressed
• Field work includes electrical and mechanical preventative and corrective
maintenance of site equipment, site field reporting, and Salesforce
Maintenance Ticket completion.
• Perform testing on equipment, including but not limited to; insulation testing
(megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests, performance
evaluations and shade reports via Suneye.
• Quality assurance for all work performed on-site.
• Troubleshoot PV system performance issues. Locate and isolate ground faults
and arc faults.
• Comply with regulatory and OSHA safety requirements (OSHA 1910).
• Work with network functions, IP addresses and internet connections in relation to
Data Acquisition Systems.
• Ability to download log files from PVP & SMA inverters for submission to
manufacturers for review.
• Planned and unplanned overtime and limited weekend work may be required.
SALARY: $45,000.00 TO $55,000.00 / year
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, Bonuses
For full description and to apply contact:
posted January 8, 2021WOODWORKER – Manufacturing Assistant
Hahn's Woodworking Company, Inc. • Branchburg, NJ
Team Support Member needed for Garage Door, Entry Door and Window Manufacturing.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible, self-motivated entry level team support member to join our team in the manufacture of custom Entry Doors, Garage Doors and Windows.
Basic requirements include:
Ability to follow directions
Able to lift 60 pounds.
Measuring skills using a tape measure, square and mechanical ability a plus
Candidate is willing to take direction to assist in the daily activities of a wood shop.
Covid-19 conscious work environment. Plenty of shop space naturally allows for social distancing. Daily employee meetings to remind everyone what is needed to maintain a safe work environment.
Minimum 38.75 hours/week 7:00 am - 3:15 pm Monday through Friday with a 15 min paid morning break and a 30min lunch period (lunch period not paid).
Health and Dental care are available after 90 days of employment
(Employee weekly contribution for the first year. After one-year Company covers 100% single coverage)
Hourly rate starts at $15/hr.
Visit our website to see examples of the type of work you could be a part of:
To apply and schedule a phone interview, please email resume to:
posted January 8, 2021ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
Metam (GE Gas Power) • Parsippany, NJhttps://jobs.gecareers.com/global/en/apply/1/1?jobSeqNo=GE11GLOBALR3548328EXTERNALENGLOBAL
Job Description Summary
The Electro – Mechanical Maintenance Technician safely and independently performs preventive, routine and reactive maintenance tasks. This role is at Metem, a GE Power business. Metem offers cooling hole technologies in the power generation and aerospace industries to increase engine efficiency. We offer one of the most comprehensive suites of non-conventional and conventional machining services in a sophisticated, knowledgeable, experienced, flexible, environmentally conscious way.Essential Responsibilities
As the Electro – Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Perform predictive, preventative, corrective and routine maintenance on production equipment
- Repair, maintain and troubleshoot CNC machines
- Repair, assemble and install electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic systems
- Calibrate process control equipment and instrumentation
- Rebuild, install, and make field repairs on centrifugal and diaphragm pumps
- Maintain motor starters, variable frequency drives, and servo controls
- Install piping, conduit and raceway systems
- Perform facilities and building maintenance
- Document work activities using CMMS
- Associate degree in a technical field from an accredited university or college ( OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
VIEW FULL POSTING: